On November 30, 2019 the meeting of the Presidium of the Association
of Towns Awarded the Europe Prize was hosted by St. Pölten, Austria.
It was the first meeting after
the elections of the new Presidium in Szeged, Hungary
The meeting was presided
by the Chairman, Mayor
– Mr Krzysztof Matyjaszczyk.
The Presidium members present at the meeting included:
-Mülheim an der Ruhr (Germany),
-St. Pölten (Austria),
-the representatives of PACE
The agenda of the Presidium included:
– Presentation of the host city –St. Pölten, Austria and Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine.
– A photo report from the General Assembly 2019, that took place
in Szeged, Hungary
and a presentation of the city.
– Chairman’s report on the actions taken to mobilize inactive members
of the Association
– Discussion and choice of the theme of the conference accompanying
the General Assembly 2020 in Częstochowa
– Discussion and choice of the theme of the Youth Forum 2020
– Proposals for joint initiatives projects between the members in the years 2019 – 2021
During the meeting of the Presidium, the following decisions were made:
– To specify the topic of the 2020 General Assembly of the Association
of Towns Awarded the Europe Prize to be held in Częstochowa (Poland)
as “Challenges and Opportunities for European Unity”.
– To specify the topic of the 2020 Youth Meeting within the General Assembly of the Association of Towns Awarded the Europe Prize to be held in Częstochowa (Poland) as “Challenges and Opportunities for European Unity”.
– to take necessary steps to organize the General Assembly 2021 and Youth Forum 2021 in UE institutions in Strasbourg.
– to renew the 1984 Udine Agreement while next General Assembly in Częstochowa, 2020.